Thursday, October 27, 2011

Engagement Story :]

For anyone that hasn't seen on Facebook, Shawn proposed last weekend! We are FINALLY getting married!! I thought I'd take a second to tell you how it happened.

About two and half years ago, on one of our very first dates, Shawn took me on a 4-wheeler ride (or you could call it Shawn's noble steed HAHA) up to his elk spot that he's been going to for 20+ years. While up there, we shot clay pigeons, had a 'snack picnic', and shot his dad's .44 at this weird old van that somehow made it to the top of the mountain (meth van I'm sure, yikes!). After our date on the 4-wheeler ride back down to the truck, it suddenly struck me that I totally was into this man. Come to find out, that was the same date that he became completely interested in me as well :] Special huh? ha. Every weekend thereafter we were inseparable. Seriously, there was rarely a weekend we spent apart from each other until I moved in.

SOOOO two and half years later (last weekend) we were up elk hunting. We brought Ruger along to get used to the whole camping/hunting life. Shawn told me that we were going to go find some birds for the puppy, so away we went on the 4-wheeler. We ended up at the same spot that he took me on the above date. We were reminiscing about that day and being all lovey dovey (any of you ladies that have a 'manly man' know that you eat up every second of the loveiness when you get it haha). He told me that we were going to walk over to the trees to look for the birds and I told him that I needed a snack before we went. He said "they're in the glove compartment on the 4-wheeler". As I open the little compartment I see a RING BOX! I whip my head around to look at him and he says, "open it." All in shock I said, "I don't want to!". Haha sorry babe!! I finally opened the box to see my big shiny as he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him Of course I immediately said yes!! :]

So now that spot of ours up on the mountain is even more special. He did such a great job :]

Awwww :] SO HAPPY! SO IN LOVE! SO SO SO READY TO BE HIS WIFE!!

BIG SHINY!!! 

Love him!

And there's my little Ruger baby with his first bird!!



No comments:

Post a Comment